I've been craving salmon for a couple weeks, but since I was sick those weeks I had no energy to really cook much. I'm finally 100% back to normal, normal for me that is, and I'm back to cooking. I decided tonight would be fish night. I had some frozen wild salmon on hand and lots of fresh veggies so I came up with a glaze for the salmon and whipped up a salad. Here's what it looked like all done:
The glaze is a mixture of butter, Dijon mustard, honey and dill weed. The salad is a basic spinach salad drizzled with an Italian vinaigrette. It was delicious!
If you would like to make it yourself, here's the recipes for the salmon and the salad.
Honey Dill Salmon
- 2 Wild Salmon Fillets (frozen works just fine)
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard
- 2 Teaspoons Raw Local Honey
- 1/2 - 1 Teaspoon Dill Weed (I go with 1 Teaspoon because I love Dill.)
- Preheat broiler on your oven for at least 5 minutes.
- Line a broiler pan or baking pan with heavy duty foil.
- Place salmon fillets skin side up on foil lined pan.
- Mix together melted butter, Dijon mustard, honey and dill weed.
Set aside glaze.
- Broil fillets, skin side up, for 3-5 minutes (5-7 minutes if frozen).
- Flip fillets so the skin side is down and broil for 2-4 minutes (3-5 minutes if frozen),
or until cooked through and fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Spoon glaze onto fillets and broil for another 3-5 minutes,
or until the glaze starts to brown slightly.
Basic Spinach Salad
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 medium Tomato
- 1 stalk Celery
- 3 Baby Carrots
- 1/2 medium Haas Avocado
- 1 tablespoon Vinaigrette Dressing
(I make my own with EVOO, white wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and garlic)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse all veggies and dry well.
- Coarsely chop baby carrots.
- Cut celery into 1 - 1.5 inch pieces.
- Cut tomato into wedges.
- Remove pit from avocado, scoop avocado flesh from peel with a spoon,
then cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Combine all veggies on a plate or in a bowl.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette and add salt and pepper if you like.