Note: This recipe is easily halved to make a more reasonable family dinner size in case you are not cooking for a huge crowd.
|This photo is of a half batch prepared.|
- ½ cup butter (margarine will affect this dish's consistency, please use the real thing)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cans (14.5 oz.) cream style corn (I prefer Del Monte Brand)
- 2 cans (12 oz.) evaporated milk
- Enough water to make 4 cups of milk
- 6 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla (You can use imitation if you do not have pure vanilla.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place stick of butter in a 9”x13” baking dish and melt in preheated oven.
- Mix evaporated milk, water and corn starch until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Mix all other ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add milk mixture to bowl and blend well.
- Pour mixture into melted butter in baking dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
Post a Comment