Daddy is a HUGE fan of fried pork chops. My gut is not a fan, at all, of wheat (or dairy) so I eat mostly Paleo
. I wrapped my brain around the issue and came up with a Paleo friendly fried pork chop that is crunchy, juicy, and satisfies both Daddy and I. Even the kids like them!
Paleo Fried Pork Chops
- 6 boneless pork loin chops, 1/2 inch thick (bone in chops work for this, too)
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup raw almond flour
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse chops with water and pat dry.
- Season both sides of chops with salt and pepper. You may need more, or less, salt and pepper depending on taste.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- In a small bowl scramble the eggs. Set aside.
- On a plate mix together the ground flax seed and raw almond flour. Set aside.
- Dredge one chop through eggs.
- Press egg coated chop into flax and almond mixture. Flip and press into mixture to coat other side. You may need to cover spots with the dry mixture.
- Place covered chop on plate and repeat steps 7 and 8 with the remaining chops.
- Place chops in pan with hot oil, in batches and don't crowd the chops.
- Fry for 5 minutes then flip and fry another 5 minutes.
- Transfer fried chops to a rack on a pan and put them in the warmed oven.
- Add additional coconut oil and fry remaining chops for 5 minutes on each side.
- Transfer remaining chops to oven and prepare your sides for your meal, if needed.
- Serve warm.
Post a Comment