Pattern - New Look 6907
Size - 5, this gives her a little room to grow as she's petite for her size
Fabric - Either linen or cotton (very linen like texture and wrinkles if you look at it funny like linen) for the dress, quilt cotton for the contrast, all was in my stash for a long time. I also used a zipper I had already, and used purple thread.
Time - I guess it took me a total of about 4 hours. I spread that out over a few days so I could take my time. I didn't get to fit it on Abbie as I went since she was out of town. I'm glad it fit her when it was done!
Lesson learned - I finally learned the value of finishing the edges on woven fabric. Evie's dress has raveled on some of the unfinished edges (need to bind them now) and I make sure to zigzag stitch all of the edges of this dress before I sewed a single piece to another. Held up to washing SO MUCH BETTER! This was my first time doing patch pockets. So incredibly easy!
Abbie loves her new dress. Especially the pockets!
Post a Comment